Select your language preference || Seleccione su preferencia de idioma
Volunteer Release and Waiver of Liability
(“Volunteer”) releases Feeding Denver’s Hungry (“FDH”), a corporation organized and existing under the laws of the State of Colorado and each of its directors, officers, employees and agents. The Volunteer desires to provide volunteer services for Feeding Denver’s Hungry and engage in activities related to serving as a volunteer. It is the policy of FDH not to discriminate against any volunteer because of race, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, disability or veteran’s status. It is the policy of FDH that it will not permit verbal or physical conduct by an employee or volunteer which harasses, disrupts or interferes with another’s work performance or which creates an intimidating, offensive or hostile environment.
Volunteer understands that the scope of Volunteer’s relationship with FDH is limited to a volunteer position and that no compensation is expected in return for services provided by Volunteer; that FDH will not provide any benefits traditionally associated with employment to Volunteer; and that Volunteer is responsible for their own insurance coverage in the event of personal injury or illness as a result of Volunteer’s services to FDH.
- Waiver and Release: I, the Volunteer, release and forever discharge and hold harmless FDH and its successors and assigns from any and all liability, claims and demands of any kind of nature, either in law or in equity, which arise or may hereafter arise from the services I provide to FDH. I understand and acknowledge that this Release discharges FDH from any liability or claim that I may have against FDH with respect to bodily injury, personal injury, illness, death or property damage that may result from the services I provide to FDH or occurring while I am providing volunteer services.
- Insurance: Further, I understand that FDH does not assume any responsibility for or obligation to provide me with financial or any other assistance, including but not limited to medical, health, or disability benefits or insurance. I expressly waive any such claim for compensation or liability on the part of FDH beyond what may be offered freely by FDH in the event of injury or medical expenses incurred by me.
- Minors: Volunteers who have not reached the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. The volunteer activity that is assigned to a minor must be performed in a non-hazardous environment and comply with all appropriate requirements of the State of Colorado child labor laws.
- Reimbursement: I understand as a Volunteer that I will not be financially reimbursed for any purchases and/or items to be donated unless previously approved in writing by the FDH directors and officers.
- Medical treatment: I hereby release and forever discharge FDH from any claim whatsoever which arises or may hereafter arise on account of any first aide treatment or other medical services rendered in connection with any emergency during my tenure as a volunteer with FDH.
- Assumption of risk: I understand that the services I provide to FDH may include activities that may be hazardous to me including but not limited to our hand-ups involving inherently dangerous activities. As a volunteer, I hereby expressly assume risk of injury or harm from these activities and release FDH from all liability.
- Professionalism: As a volunteer with FDH, I understand that I am expected to present myself at all times in a professional, businesslike manner. This includes, but is not limited to, any and all volunteer times with FDH, meetings, events and on all social media outlets. Creating a disturbance at FDH sponsored activities, lack of cooperation, or other disrespectful conduct will not be tolerated. While conducting FDH related activities a volunteer may not possess, distribute, sell or be under the influence of illegal drugs. At any time that FDH determines that the professionalism standard is not met, FDH directors and officers can, at their discretion, ask and/or demand that I no longer be included as a volunteer.
- Photographic release: I grant and convey to FDH all rights, title and interests in any and all photographs, images, video or audio recordings of me or my likeness or voice made by FDH in connection with my providing volunteer services to FDH.
- Grievance Procedure: FDH recognizes that Volunteers have the right to raise grievances about any matter related to their volunteering (this could be in relation to another Volunteer, a director or officer, or the manner in which they are being treated by FDH). The welfare of the Volunteers is of paramount importance to FDH. The grievance procedure is in place to ensure that all Volunteers are dealt with in a fair manner and is as follows:
- If a Volunteer has a complaint against a director or officer, another Volunteer or the organization in general they should first discuss this with the director or officer they are in immediate contact with. The Volunteer may be accompanied by a colleague at this meeting.
- If the director/officer is the person who the complaint is against then the matter should be referred to another person that is a director or officer of FDH.
If the matter is not resolved at this initial meeting the complaint should be made in writing to the officers of FDH. This will require a special meeting of the directors and officers of FDH. It will be dealt with within fourteen days and treated in a confidential manner. It is expected that most disagreements will be dealt with at the lowest level of the chain of command. In the event that informal conflict resolution fails to resolve a volunteer’s problem, a grievance may be completed and submitted to the appropriate management staff member.
10. Other: As a volunteer I expressly agree that this Release is intended to be as broad and inclusive as permitted by the laws of the state of Colorado and that this Release shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the state of Colorado. I agree that in the event that any clause or provision of this Release is deemed invalid, the enforceability of the remaining provisions of this Release shall not be affected.
By marking this option as “Yes” on the Volunteer Sign-Up Form, I express my understanding and intent to enter into this Release and waiver of liability willingly and voluntarily.